CONNECT with ordinarydeals

Follow me on App.net

Tuesday 8 September 2015

THE GOOD THING ABOUT FAILURE.....Episode III

                                    A Collection of Various Experiences


                              Written by OKEKE  FRANCIS  CHUKWUMA.


Nonetheless, I am impressed with a particular positive impact failure makes in me and indeed in all of us. And it is; its assertive determination. Failure stirs up my zeal to get back on my feet and even transcend my comfort zone; it generates an overwhelming courage in me that influences my unflinching quest for success.
While I was in secondary school, I was really comfortable with an unrecognised average result. I settled so much for this output that I could not think of myself as anything better. I so much devalued my academic prowess that I did not even have the time to ponder if I could do better or perhaps even emerge in a scholastic limelight or better still, develop some special skills that I could be known for. But no, I just preferred to be the way I was, crude and unwilling.  I will ever remain thankful to my first day of reflection, the day that informed a significant step to my success, the day of my liberation from intellectual defeat, the day when I sat quietly and challenged myself, the day when I realised my human equality with others, the day when I reminded myself of myself, when I thought that I too can be as good just like every other person. This definitive day makes up my story too.
 I once had a class mate KOSSY, who was from my neighbourhood and fortunately we both gained ingress into the minor seminary at the same time. We grew up together in school
considering the fact that we went in as little boys. We did not struggle with academics like the other students not because we were more intelligent but because we didn’t see the need to. We saw being excellent in class as something beyond us, something beyond our grasp, in fact we felt just flat. We always identified with the worse case scenario and the unintended outcome was a failed result every other term. This whole idea filtered into our heads and consequently we became absolutely immersed in it. (Anytime I remember this, I can’t help but to be ashamed of myself). Fast-forward into our schooling, KOSSY became far much better than I in class. He did fantastically well in his exams.This I saw with feelings of surprise and I was overwhelmed with shame. I realised how much I had rendered myself undeserving. After seeing this wonderful result of KOSSY, I was driven into reflection which was decidedly on how to improve my grades, I worked hard and was full of ambition, and I thought that I too can be good just as he. At the end of the term I emerged one of the best students in class. This was as a result of my determination for success after tasting the bitter waters of failure.
I recall and admire the resilience of the famous Black American social activist MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. who in his humanitarian vigour exhibited constant stride to overcome despite the odds there was. He clearly demonstrated a well-meaning drive for success in one of his fascinating speeches“I HAVE A DREAM”. It certainly was not easy for him to achieve his aim of subduing racism in the American nation, he failed and passed through hard times but subsequently it was fruitful. Another African American was this resilient too, BARRACK OBAMA. Finally a black man rules the world! Indeed Luther had a dream. It was also not easy for OBAMA to attain this height, he failed on several occasions but again, he too never relented. He was filled with overwhelming determination to proceed. He expressed this clearly in his famous ideology “YES WE CAN” which REV.ATSU JACOB describes as the most positive philosophy he has heard in recent times. 

 .........It  sure   Continues.........  Just Check out for the Next.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign-Up To Start Trading BITCOINS EASILY.